Search  

Please login to post into the forums. Remember - keep your posts friendly. 

Note: Identic Pty Ltd reserves the right to remove any material it considers inappropriate or offensive. Please report any undesirable posts or behaviour to support@lucidcentral.org.

If you have any direct support requests such as reactivation requests please use the help desk.

Login

HomeHomeLucid3 Discussi...Lucid3 Discussi...Building and us...Building and us...Create a unique key (genus and species)Create a unique key (genus and species)
Previous

Next
New Post
1/11/2019 1:03 AM

Hello ! For starter, sorry for my english,

I discovered Lucidplayer recently, and I use the free version.

I want to make an identification key that includes genera and species. It is possible to choose when a criterion can appear in the key ?

For example, gender criteria should appear at the beginning. Once the gender is obtained, the critaria for going to the species should appear and the genus criteria disappear. It's possible or we must have to create separate key gender to species key ?

Thank you,
Best regards

New Post
1/11/2019 9:57 AM

Hi Entomo,

Yes, you can control what criterion (Features) are shown to the user of the key via a couple of different ways. The first is through the use of Dependencies. There are two types of dependencies. Positive and negative. A positive dependency will bring in one or more features when the user selects particular set feature state. A negative dependency does the opposite and removes one or more feature states based on the selection of a feature. The other way you can control features is via 'Not Scoped' scoring, which is probably the best option for what you describe below. This allows features to be shown when the taxa list is down to just the species that match the features they are scoped for.

For more information on this score type see: https://www.lucidcentral.org/Portals/...

If you have any other questions or need more information please let us know.

Cheers,

Matt.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeLucid3 Discussi...Lucid3 Discussi...Building and us...Building and us...Create a unique key (genus and species)Create a unique key (genus and species)

Copyright 2019. All rights reserved. Identic Pty
Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement