Search  

Please login to post into the forums. Remember - keep your posts friendly. 

Note: Identic Pty Ltd reserves the right to remove any material it considers inappropriate or offensive. Please report any undesirable posts or behaviour to support@lucidcentral.org.

If you have any direct support requests such as reactivation requests please use the help desk.

Login

HomeHomeLucid3 Discussi...Lucid3 Discussi...Building and us...Building and us...Web-based Lucid Player problemsWeb-based Lucid Player problems
Previous

Next
New Post
7/7/2016 4:54 AM

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post it, if not please tell me.
People before me embedded a Lucid Player onto my boss's digital library website several years ago. It went down, and I'm now trying to fix it.
I've just managed to get it working on my local computer by adding the website to java's security block. So it's now working on Internet Explorer.
I have two questions in total:
Is there anything I can do from the server side to make it working for everyone without having users changing their security options?
Is there a way to make the web-based Player showing itself on Chrome? Since it doesn't have a JNLP file anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

New Post
7/7/2016 10:28 AM

Hi Tianjian,

You need to download the latest version of the Lucid Builder and redeploy the key again. The updated Player contains changes for the latest Java Runtime Environment (JRE) as well as an additional JavaScript that detects the Chrome browser. As you may be aware Chrome has dropped support for the 'NPAPI' plug-in architecture, which Java and other plug-ins relied on. The new JavaScript allows the user to run the Player via the keys associated JNLP file, which starts the Player via Java Web Start Technology. This bypasses the browser and runs like a regular application.

Cheers,

Matt.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeLucid3 Discussi...Lucid3 Discussi...Building and us...Building and us...Web-based Lucid Player problemsWeb-based Lucid Player problems

Copyright 2019. All rights reserved. Identic Pty
Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement